Monday, May 9, 2011

Progress in Retail Form?

Hm. Well. I was going to try and post some actual house photos...but my computer has decided that it doesn't recognize my camera as a legitimate device...so plan B.

Some things we've bought recently.

This ceiling fan...



I'm hoping that the combination of this fan and opening the windows will keep us cool all the way through the summer. This model was not my first choice, but because of it's ceiling hugging dimension it made it to the top of the list.

This storage shelf...

We ordered one of these storage shelves from CB2 to see if a couple of them might be right for bathroom storage. It should arrive just as we finish up the bathroom tile (still not finished with the tile, i know, know. don't even ask how long it's been since we moved in).

This floor paint...



Floor paint? What? Yes. We've decided that instead of ripping up the wood flooring in the addition that is in not so good condition, that we will just paint it. A couple of months ago our neighborhood hardware store was offering a deal on Groupon. So I bought five Groupons in hopes that they would come in use during this renovation. Since the hardware store carries Benjamin Moore paint, and the Groupons expire soon, we've decided to put them towards paint purchases. What does that mean? Paint colors! Yay. I'm actually really scared to make color decisions, which is why we've only gotten the floor paint...it's white. Like here and here.
Side note: did you know that Ben Moore Natura paint is 50 bucks a gallon? damn.


Anyway, there's a lot more going on. My sore back can vouch. It's all moving very slow, but it's happening. I'll share more when I rescue the pics from my camera.

Ohhhhhh. And guess what this week is?!? Brimfield Antiques Market 2011 (number 1 of 3)!!!!!!! So. Freaking. Excited. We are going to head out on Sunday to try and pick up some of those "we don't want to load it back on the truck" deals. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment