Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Bedding.

Way way way back earlier this year I heard from a very good source about Molly Mutt dog duvets. So I started looking at them. And looking at them. And going back and forth over the endless color possibilities for my pups new beds (as if they cared). After some crazy long deliberation over doggie beds I chose two matching simple rust colored covers. I'm boring.

Unfortunately, we did not have any old doggie beds laying around so I rummaged around on the internet some more and came up with this solution:


I bought a full or queen size (can't remember which) 2" thick memory foam mattress topper to cut up and make the inserts for the duvets.

After measuring and cutting/hacking them to the right size you end up with four pieces of foam and a small strip left over.

Then I just stacked two foam pieces on top of each other and used the handy little mesh insert to hold them together. No foam glue needed. Nope.

Then I just shimmied the cover onto the new cushion and bam! Dog bed.


They approve.
More Molly Mutt action here. These things are popular!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that everyone has loved these dog beds as much as I have! And that color is not boring! I think it looks great. It's hard to coordinate dog beds with your decor when they are out in the public spaces of your home - so I think the rust was a great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete