Tuesday, June 7, 2011

When life hands you lemons...

Ok, so life totally didn't hand us lemons...but sometimes our house does feel a little like a lemon. Like this car my dad once bought (hi dad!) that never really seemed to want to start. A little like that. I will elaborate more on this very whiney point later. I promise.

Back to the lemons. I've been wanting a little lemon tree for a while. I think the selling point was when I read that they bloom and produce fruit throughout the year and that they smell really nice. Can you think of anything better in the middle of a dreary Boston winter than the smell of lemons? I can't.

So, after reading this post on Little Green Notebook today, I thought to myself..."hmmmm, self, I think I'm going to order one of those little trees". So I did!

So cute right? I ordered a Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree. It promises to be small, produce fruit that is sweeter than normal lemons and be hardy and adaptable...which I chose to take as "not as easy to kill". So keep your fingers crossed on that one. Purchased from here. Can't wait!


Image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment