Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brimfield



So I don't have any pictures from the actual event (forgot the camera in the car), but these are some of our finds from Brimfield Antique Market a couple of weeks ago. It was the craziest (in a good way) thing I have ever seen. Love. Love. Love. The market occurs three times every year and runs from a Tuesday through Sunday. There are several "fields" and each has its own schedule and days that it is open. So this was the first one of the year and we decided to go on Sunday just to check things out and then decide if we wanted to go back to the next one, which is in July.
We woke up bright and early (6:00) that morning. Yikes! I took a picture of us before we left home and...well....lets just say it is scary, so you don't get to see it. Anyway, we drove the hour out to western Massachusetts and parked in the first lot. We paid to park. Tip number 1: most of the lots don't charge on Sunday, so just drive to one that is free. We are silly. We spent the remainder of a beautiful day scoping the place out. It was huge! We didn't even make it to all of it. So I came home with an old typsetter's tray and a mirror. I am going to use the tray to keep all of my jewelry in my (not yet found/purchased) vanity and the mirror is for our downstairs bathroom. The plan has been to get a vintage mirror for that bathroom for a while now...but once we got it home I think P had some regrets. I still like it! And at the cheapo price we got it for...I double like it! :)
There were a few more pieces that I soooooo could have brought home, but I think I will hold out for the next trip. I think we are going to get a truck with a coworker and his wife and be true early bird flea market peeps next time! ooooooo, I'm already excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment