Thursday, June 17, 2010

Can't hardly wait

Not a whole lot has happened on the house since last weekend's festivities. My hands are almost back to normal (the pinky is still a little sore, why, I do not know). Other than a failed attempt at fixing the slowly draining shower (thank goodness it will be gone soon!) no house work was done. We did attend a wonderful birthday dinner for a friend with many of the ingredients from their very own urban garden! So impressive (and delicious). We also have spent a lot of time trying to get all of our IDP hours logged before they expire. yikes! For those of you who know what I am talking about, it sucks, right? If you don't know what I am talking about...you are soo soo lucky.

Hopefully we can wrap up the IDP stuff tonight because my mom gets here tomorrow!!! I am so excited! We are going to go down to the Cape for one week...well I only get to go for four days, but then I am going to "commute" back and forth to work for the rest of the time. It is going to be great. Along with my mom my godmother and her entire family will be there. Even though I haven't been working particularly hard lately (minus last weekend, which totally was hard work) I feel like I need this break. Get some fresh air and relax...just in time for real construction to begin on the house. Perfect timing right? Plus, this will be my first time on the Cape...so excited. T-minus 31 hours until we kick off over one week of fun with this!

In other news, I must have slept all bunched up last night because I totally feel like The Princess and the Pea this morning. Did anyone else love that story when they were little? I remember LOVING it. Reading it again now, it's kind of silly. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment