Friday, August 12, 2011

Getting some privacy.

I finally got tired of feeling nervous that someone was going to be walking by our house at 7am at the exact moment I was coming down the stairs in my pj shorts and tshirt to go to the bathroom. So I went all crazy with privacy film.
I had actually tried to do our front doors a couple of weeks ago, but got frustrated with the process and didn't like the way the end result looked, so I pulled the film off.
So this was try #2.
Our previous privacy situation looked something like this. We really like to class it up around here.

So after a thorough scrubbing I started applying the film. One.

Two.

Three. This last one was aw-ful. I was doing it by myself, and that may not look like a big window...but it kind of is. There may have been some wrestling involved, and there may or may not be some air bubbles/dirt that got under that one. I don't really want to talk about it.

So there you go. I also redid the doors. I failed to get a good straight pic of those, but here they are in the background. Porkchop approves. I have a weird plan for getting that building permit out of the window and classing it up a bit. Blue painters tape isn't very cute.

We are in full prep mode getting things set up for a floor refinishing guy to come on Monday. I am so so so excited about this I can not even tell you. Cross your fingers that we get everything done before then and that he is able to stain the floors the color we are hoping! Eeeeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment