Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sniffle:Cough:Sniffle

There has been a minor setback during this past week around the Dog House. I've had the ick for the past week (yes, over the wonderful long weekend too) and it's sent me straight to the couch. Well, I have made it to work the past couple of days, but that's about it. I'm starting to feel better (finally) so progress will be made soon on the house, much to P's delight. While design progress is exciting (and necessary) we got another bit of blah news today...you could call this a more major setback. I called the building permit office to check on the status of our permit. Apparently the procedure is: 1. apply for a building permit, 2. permit application is assigned to a person, 3. person reviews permit application 4. permit is approved. Sounds easy...it's not.

This was pretty much the convo...
Me: "I'd like to check on the status of my building permit."
Lady: "It will take 2 weeks to assign to someone and then 3-4 weeks after that."
Me: "Ummmm, ok, can I find out who it was assigned to?"
Lady: "Sure you can. Hang on, yes, her it is. Yeah, they have to confirm the occupancy on that property before it can be assigned."
Me: "Oh, so they haven't assigned it to anyone yet?"
Lady: "No, call back in two weeks".
Me: "?!?!.......".

Apparently the system is "backed up". Whatever. Get it together Boston. I understand that I am dragging my feet, but maybe if you would get your system up to par I would move a little faster. I'm just sayin', just a suggestion. Ugh.

Oh well, time for another "wishful thinking vacation home" post?

No comments:

Post a Comment